Feeling guilty =
– punishing yourself endlessly and uselessly for something you cannot undo.
– judged and labelled (and we all know judging is wrong, wrong wrong!)
– entranced by an exhibit in the museum of your past
– your motto: “A bad self is better than no self.”
– fallout from someone’s blaming
– a story told by ego to polish its virtue
– denying responsibility for your own experience
– the 10th unwholesome action, holding non-Dharmic views — denying karma.
– having invented blame, you now need to invent forgiveness.
– an attempt to undo blame – but you can’t undo the past
– you can’t have forgiveness without blame. Why bother with either?
What’s to forgive? The mistake was your blame, deal with that.
Praise and blame =
– an illusion in the mind of a self-appointed judge, kindly offered to you
– an identity for your ego, as “good” or “bad”
— praise can be manipulation: ‘This is how to please me’
– decline this poison! Notice what you did that helped or didn’t, and decide yourself what to do about it